Traditional percentage fees historically overcharge; we value our clients and aim to offer fixed prices simplifying projects and fees by size to Small, Medium or Large. Project sizes are determined at the outset between Architect and client dependant on the scale of the works to be undertaken. A small project is usually determined to be of contract value less than £100k, medium as under £500k and large as less than £1 million. Projects over this size will be quoted on as a case by case basis. These prices should be taken as a guide only and will be fixed by WMOR once the project has been discussed at consultation.
We break the design and build process to 8 stages as used in construction industry to be used on any design project, but in contrast we implement similar methodology that we have used to successfully plan and deliver large expeditions.
While we advise embarking on a whole service, we recognise client’s may wish to tailor our services according to their needs and experience, easily amending our services as the project develops.
In order to produce a proposal for your project, it is important that an accurate measured survey is undertaken for your site. This forms the basis of any proposal - ensuring that an accurate survey is used for designs is essential in reducing the scope for problems post planning and during construction.
• Undertaking surveys in house is more efficient in terms of time and cost than outsourcing
High quality drawings created by a team of architects and assistants.
Creating the survey ourselves can give a better understanding of the building and its potential when creating a proposal
0 STRATEGIC DEFINITION - VISION
Our process starts with initial 3D sketch for all clients, bringing to life our ‘Vision’ and the first step towards your goal.
• A fantastic image will promote the client and their design
• Concept images are extremely useful to sell the concept to external parties e.g. to sell the design to planners and shareholders
• A strong initial design concept will avoid expensive redesigns by consultants later in the project
1 PREPARATION AND BRIEF – CLIENT WORKSHOP
The design workshop is an intensive, interactive process aimed to identify key parts of the vision and key project drivers, to create a brief that offers a solution to the design challenge. A collaborative meeting with the client that culminates in a written brief that clearly sets out the project budget, design needs, usage etc.
• Workshop will identify aspirational design styles
• Workshop will focus client to identify client needs and wants and programme
• Workshop will set the budget to avoid over spend later down the project
2 CONCEPT DESIGN – FEASIBIILITY REPORT
We can produce a written assessment of how to achieve the brief in the context of the environment, the challenges, the criteria for success and failure. A report that will set out the strategy for how to deliver the project against the physical, legislative, legal, time and financial constraints.
• Production of sketch scheme plans gives client something tangible to progress
• Identifying constraints will help to create an efficient programme
• Identifying constraints will avoid costly, failed legislative attempts in subsequent stages
3 DEVELOPED DESIGN - PLANNING
Preparing a developed design that incorporates the input from all team members. Delivering this to stakeholders and relevant external parties for feedback and approval. At the end of this process we will have agreed a design and plan to make the vision a reality.
• We personalise and make all our planning drawings and applications beautiful and fun to excite and engage all parties
• We have a proven track record in obtaining relevant permissions across London and UK
• Our planning fees are related to our time and not to cost of build
4 TECHNICAL DESIGN – CONSTRUCTION DRAWINGS
We produce a set of information required to build, collating the technical expertise and input from the team we produce drawings, details, specifications and schedules as required.
• Without detailing every element of a project, the client cant control the final finish and quality
• Detailing the project is crucial to determine the programme and operation of the product
• If every element isn’t specified, costs cant be fixed before staring construction and risk increasing during the build
In addition to creating construction drawings, which include fitted items such as lighting and joinery, we can provide a full FF&E package. This would include a proposal for soft furnishings, loose furniture and lighting. Typically an interior design pack would include full internal elevations, schedules and images of all items specified.
• All interiors would be fully integrated with the architectural design. We love creating innovative designs with their own stories behind them.
Generally a higher level of finish due a greater amount of detail included.
5 CONSTRUCTION - CONTRACT ADMINISTRATION/ PROGRESS REPORTS
All projects should have a contract between client and the company building the product. We can administrate this contract or monitor the work in terms of design and quality during construction.
• Our expertise will control the quality of the end product
• Operational Benefits
• Our expertise will highlight future problems during construction
6 HANDOVER AND CLOSE OUT – SNAGGING
A lot of work is required to complete the final product in preparation for the end client to use and enjoy problem free.
• Finishing details need to be perfect to reflect well on the client
• Identified and resolved snagging issues will allow problem free operation
• Handing over a finished product avoids redoing work during operation
7 IN USE
Final Product Review Workshop
At the end of the project we advise reviewing the end result in conjunction with the client and end user. We will establish an on-going strategy for future development.
• Engaging end users will increase their understanding and enjoyment of the final product
• Workshop will identify operational improvements
• Workshop will identify options for reducing on-going costs of the building/ product and identify future cost savings
Before any expedition we undertake a series of team building exercises. For your project we invite the client and any potential team members to a tailored team building with a challenge or series of exercises to develop trust and accelerate the understanding of the project, project roles and programme. This exercise is best either at the start of the project or from a point when a set team will be taking the project to completion.
• Engaging the best professionals for the project give the best expertise
• A fully engaged and briefed team will work more efficiently during the project
• Team members will undertake an exercise identifying cost savings ahead of developing unnecessary work that may become obsolete.
PHOTO REALISTIC RENDERS
Photo realistic visuals can be a really important tool in getting people really excited about a project. They can be used to give the client a strong idea about how their project might look once it is built, or as a tool to convince the Local Authority to grant a project planning permission.
• An exciting way of seeing your project come to life before construction
A design tool for interior design to play with furniture and finishes
A way to convince and excite parties about the potential of a project